It’s easy to get de-railed in our businesses. It’s almost too easy!
There’s so much “chatter” out there from every single angle………..think of all the social media platforms that you use. How many groups are you a part of, 5 day challenges, monthly masterminds, networking events and circles. Business events, sisterhoods, brotherhoods, tribes, gangs……the list goes on.
It can become exhausting! Well, truth be told, for me – recently it has!
And that’s why my focus this week is on “back to basics”. Back to the stuff I love, back to my reason for being, back to the passion.
So often we can get caught up in other people’s stories that we forget what our own is. I’ve seen it with my own clients and I’ve recognised it in myself.
So, what can we do when we recognise the overwhelm, start to feel a little lost, watered down, maybe a tad jaded even?
How can we approach this dilemma – and even stop it happening in the first place? I’m pretty sure that everyone has this at some point. How quickly we bounce back is the key to momentum in our business and keeping ourselves sane!
Going back to basics is a great way of reconnecting with your business and focusing on the essentials.
- What’s your Compelling Vision for your business.
- Why are you running it in the first place?
- What puts the fire in your belly?
- What started you on this route?
Give yourself 5, 10, maybe 15 minutes to reconnect with the feeling of what it’ll be like when you’ve achieved all of your business dreams. Find yourself some space, make the time for quiet – even if that’s locking yourself in the bathroom for 5 minutes – make some time!
And if there’s a huge gap between where you are now and where you aim to be – that’s okay. Actually, it’s really good to know. We all need a little motivating to stoke the fire and move towards our dreams.
You’ll have a start and an end point and the “bit in the middle” is all achievable. It never has to be overwhelming, it can be planned out with achievable actions and outcomes that are focused and specifically going to help you achieve what you’re working towards.
Top 5 tips for when you’re feeling de-railed:
- Take time to reconnect with your Compelling Business Vision.
- Conduct a Gap Analysis – where am I, where do I want to be – what’s the bit in between?
- Break it down – Split all of the areas of your business into categories; marketing, sales, finance, IT etc – write all the actions out so you have a really good overview.
- Plan out the big stuff. Outcome focused action planning. SMART goal setting. It all works. Decide if you can outsource some or maybe take action that’s got quick wins with it.
- Remember to move forward at your own pace. It’s your blooming business!
If you’d like a little help to get your head round some of this, then download my fabulous free workbook 4 Key Templates for Stepping into your CEO shoes it’s packed full of business basics for nailing your business vision, getting to grips with your money, setting yourself up for success and ensuring you stay on the right track – all with helpful hints and pointers for how and when to do this!
And if you’re a female business owner or a woman who’s looking to make the jump into her own business dream, come on over to my Private Facebook Group Build Your Brilliant Business with Anna – let’s get connected and start delving deeper into your business, your dreams, your ideal clients, your profits and everything that you want your business to be.
Stay on track – it’s your path and you should follow your dream!