This week has been a real old challenge for me both personally and for business because one always impacts the other, doesn’t it!
I’ve had a horrendous bout of back pain this week which started on Monday morning and came from nowhere. Now, having had some challenges with my back for most of my adult life, I’ve learnt what triggers it and also how to look after it and keep it strong.
If I lift something the wrong way or at the wrong angle then it’ll give me a warning sign. And it definitely doesn’t like housework!! But at least it gives me a shout and lets me know, so I can adapt what I’m doing and take action.
So, when this happened on Monday morning for no apparent reason, no trigger, no warning, it really threw me and knocked me for six. I’ve struggled to get dressed each morning and without the help of the long-suffering Mr H I would have still been grappling with the logistics of how to get my socks on let alone anything else!!
Struggling to sit has impacted on my business set up too.
No more sitting at my desk in the cabin…far too painful even on my lovely office chair.
The hot water bottle and painkillers aren’t cutting it either!
I have the least pain when I stand so I’ve had to rig up a very strange way of working at the dining table which incorporates a bankers filing box, a tray and my laptop!
See… we have to be adaptable in business.
Where I’m actually going with this is about going back to basics. See I don’t know what’s gone wrong or why it’s happened so I’m going to have to go back to:
- Pain relief and anti-inflammatories
- Gentle yoga stretches on my mat without overdoing it
- Walking….about the comfiest thing I can do
The same principle applies in business.
Those of you in my private Facebook group Build your Brilliant Business with Anna and those of you that have worked with me will be used to me talking about the power of reviewing. Reviewing allows you to know exactly where you are, what’s working and what’s not working and what you need to do to tweak things or make changes before they go wrong.
Perhaps you’ve fallen off the wagon with the reviewing part of your business, or something’s happened and you can’t quite put your finger on why it’s not worked or been successful, and so you’re feeling unsure about how you can put it right. Then it’s time to go back to basics.
There’s always a reason for things happening and maybe my top 5 tips will help you get back on track.
We’ve all had setbacks and failures in business, and it’s always useful to review the founding principles of some of the basics:
- Get back in touch with your Compelling Vision – have you still got the fire in your belly, are you feeling totally aligned with your business. Or maybe you’ve strayed off course and are following someone else’s path
- Revisit your Dream Client profile – over the past 12-15 months the world has changed. Has your dream client changed? Reviewing this regularly is essential to stay engaged
- Visibility – are you visible on the platforms that you should be on rather than the ones that you like to be on? Think about where your Dream Client hangs out and be visible there
- Consistency – if you think this means volume then it doesn’t. Consistency is whatever is right for you to be regular. That could be once a day, once a week or once a month with a blog, post, video or newsletter. Consistency is whatever you decide is regular for you!
- Take Action – yep – that’s the one!! All of the above mean nothing if you don’t start to take action and put things into place. And this can be the thing that really cripples our businesses. So ask yourself what action you need to take to make the changes you want to see.
Baby steps are all it takes to move your business forward and start to get momentum.
If you’re feeling like you need a boost then grab a hold of my 5 key templates for Stepping into your CEO Shoes … the only thing not in there is the taking action bit – you’re on your own there!
Or maybe you’d prefer me to help you.
To work out what the action is and to hold you lovingly and firmly accountable?
In that case, you can book onto a Blitz Your Business Strategy Session in May and start to make it happen
I’m off to top up the hot water bottle and take a moment on my yoga mat…baby steps for me all the way!