Its no secret, I love a good Nanna Nap – time and business permitting of course.
And I know it’s not just me because I’ve been speaking live on Insta this week about energy levels when running your own business – and it’s a hot topic!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not off for a siesta every day, but if the need arises and the impact of a good old Nanna Nap means that I’m going to be way more productive after it rather than slogging myself to death and feeling drained, then I’m going to take that nap thanks very much 😊
So here’s my top 5 tips about energy in business and how noticing and planning can be your best friends:
- ACCEPT that you will have peaks and troughs of energy. We can’t all be high vibe all the time – that’s simply not natural. I don’t care what you think about people you see on Insta or Facebook we all have fluctuations. And as a woman, hormones can play a large part in where your energy is depending on your monthly cycle or hormone levels.
- NOTICE what works for you. Are you naturally an early bird or a night owl? What does your perfect day look like and how can you adapt your business model to support this? Remember, it’s your blooming business so you make the rules to get you where you want to go.
- MIX IT UP and make it nice. Don’t spend all day doing one thing. Not only will you get bored but that’s draining – especially if most of what you’re doing is at a desk or screen of some kind. Think about your energy levels and how you can enhance them – water, movement, music etc
- 90 IS THE MAGIC NUMBER and you can get loads done in a 90 minute block. Whether that’s turning off your notifications and focusing on ONE area of work for 90 minutes or maybe it’s a power nap at some point during the day then 90 minutes is the perfect time.
- PLAN IT OUT and make it work for you. I would never run a promotion or choose to launch a programme the week of my period. Why? Because I know my energy levels dip and I want to hibernate, so when I’m planning my weeks and months and the roll out of any business I am mindful of this. So how about you have a think about your energy and the things you’ve noticed and use this knowledge to plan out your business activities to set you up for success on your own terms!
I’d love to know how you get on and what your thoughts on this subject are. What’s your experience and how do you make it work for you? Do you struggle maybe?
Feedback to me at email@example.com – It’s a passion project of mine….
And if you fancy listening to my interview with Libby Langley then check out her Insta feed and the videos section – there’s lots of fab people and interesting interviews on there including me!
Working your flow, being aligned and in tune with your energy is essential to avoid burnout and be in this for the long run.
Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint – I want you to enjoy the journey!
Lots of love