And so continues the story of what happened 8 years ago, when I walked out of the office doors and didn’t look back.
I had no idea what I was doing…
My plan, my very “loose” plan was to take a few months off, to re-balance my mind and body and to work out what I really wanted to do with my life.
But of course, best-laid plans and all that meant I never took a break. I ended up helping someone organise a Consultancy firm they were working with, which started off as 5 hours a week and ended up as nearly a full-time job. Of course, I’d had to register as self-employed, but with no clear idea of what I was doing (or why…) then the uninspiring business name of AM Business Support was born!
- I forgot every single business principle that I’d learned and implemented over the past 20 years.
- I forgot about my NLP skills and resources.
- I forgot I was an expert in strategy and planning.
- I forgot to think about what it was that I really wanted, what my Compelling Vision was, and got drawn back into helping other businesses be successful.
- I forgot that I was running my own business.
And so, after a few years of doing that, taking on other Consultancy firms, assisting with tenders and bids, business planning & development, consultant support, sorting out international travel, Powerpoint slides, arranging conference facilities etc etc, I’d become a jack of all trades and a very unhappy bunny!
This wasn’t living the dream. I was getting paid a fraction of what I’d earned in the employed world and was starting to feel just as unhappy.
I hid away.
I retreated to my cabin and I NEVER networked.
I became invisible.
I had nothing to say and no one to share it with.
A little part of me had a dream, but it didn’t dare to dream because it didn’t feel worthy.
The what if has slowly become a reality over the past few years, and it didn’t happen overnight that’s for sure. Oh no, this has been a marathon rather than a sprint and it’s taken focus on my mindset, my health, my outlook, my belief and those forgotten business principles to achieve it.
Have I done it alone? Have I heck.
- I invested in an online coaching group where I got support, encouragement and accountability. I tapped back into my strengths, my dreams of what I wanted for other women and I knew I could do it.
- I took a leap and went to a supportive network group where I met some of the most amazing women who have become friends, not just business acquaintances.
- I’ve been supported by Mr H who has more belief in me than I do in myself.
- I changed my business name to truly reflect my business and what I had passion in.
And now I get to work with amazing women, who know that they can have more, be more, do more. Who want to use those strategies and principles to support their own Compelling Vision and work on outcome-focused actions that take their business to the next level.
And I’m curious to know…
If you know that you need that support, what’s stopping you?
If you know that you can have so much more in your business and therefore your life by stepping up and going outside your comfort zone, why don’t you?
If you knew that in the space of 90 days you could start to make significant shifts in your mindset, belief and business processes, why wouldn’t you?
I am so excited to be running the third round of my 90 Day Success Club. It officially starts in January, but there will be access to the Private Facebook Group from mid-December and there’s a fantastic Resource Bundle too. If what I’ve been telling you rings any bells, then why not read some more here.
Maybe you just want to dip your toe in the water like I first did? Then come and join us in our happy gang over at Build Your Brilliant Business with Anna – my free Facebook group for women in business.
Even at our lowest points in business or life, there is always an answer. There is always hope and there is always someone to support you.
Empowered women, empower women!